CHHOA BOARD REPORT ON LADWP SYSTEM UPGRADES
July 14, 2020
- Cheviot Hills has been experiencing a significant increase in power outages in recent years;
- CHHOA Board raised this concern to the LADWP in May 2020
- LADWP investigated and presented its report by WebEx on July 8, 2020:
- LADWP Findings:
- From 2015 to 2018, Cheviot Hills was comparable to both West LA and to LADWP’s overall system in both the frequency and the duration of power outages;
- By YTD 2020, Cheviot Hills has approximately three times the frequency of power outages as West LA, and approximately three times the frequency of power outages as the LADWP system overall;
- By YTD 2020, Cheviot Hills steadily increased beyond West LA and the LADWP system overall in the duration of power outages. Cheviot Hills now is at an average of 345 minutes per customer while West LA as a whole is at an average of 68.5 minutes and the LADWP as a whole is at an average of 43.45 minutes.
- LADWP has committed $2.8 million in power infrastructure improvements for Cheviot Hills, with a target completion date of June 2021.